Friday, November 11, 2011

It's Opening Night!

I can't even believe it's here. Opening night at Radio City Music Hall for the Christmas Spectacular. We had two invited dress rehearsal shows a couple nights ago and both were fantastic. It is such a dream to be standing on the great stage and look out to a full audience of people, and even better to know that friends are in the audience. Thanks Phoebe, Jenni, Nicole, Gwen, Chelsea, and Cassi for making it a special night for me.


Last night, November 11, 2011 was my official opening night as a Radio City Rockette. We had two sold out shows, an 11am and a 2pm and both went absolutely splendid! In between shows I walked outside into Rockefeller Center and saw the amazing Christmas Tree being hoisted up at the Rock Center ice skating rink! Unbelievable. I had the most darling experiences with some little kids who noticed the red lips and french twist and put two and two together. It was darling to meet little girls that had just seen the show! They ask the best questions in the world. My favorite of the bunch being, "Why do the soldiers fall over?"

Our awesome swings for the show scurried up to each of the 5 dressings rooms in Radio CIty during our curtain call and left us a little surprise to share before we headed to McCormick and Schmicks for a fun happy hour, made complete with drinks and appetizers. The champagne was delightful and the after-show party was such a blast. It was so fun to hang out with the blue cast and get to know even more about that awesome people that I get the chance to share the stage with every night!


I was on such a high walking home from Radio City. First show down, a great evening spent with friends, and headed to a cozy bed. I had no idea that my night would get so much better. I walked into my Hell's Kitchen apartment to find a FedEx post on the main door that said Natalie Reid (box in lobby). I searched that lobby... no box. Weird. Walked up six flights of stairs and opened my door to find a big box in my kitchen with my name on it. How exciting! I ripped open the package like a 6 year old on Christmas morning to find a box full of chocolate covered strawberries and a "good luck on opening night" note from my three best friends back home in Seattle. Jenny, Lauren, and Sarah you guys absolutely made my opening night! It was the most thoughtful thing to come home to such a sweet gift and I cried in my kitchen, alone, eating chocolate covered strawberries, a little tipsy, at 7:30pm! What a fantastic night.

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! I'm so glad you are back to blogging! I love seeing the pictures of you in your new world of the big apple . Love ya! And yay for the Christmas Spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO exciting! I'm so happy to see a post about all this exciting business!! keep the updates coming and good luck with all your shows! love you!

    ReplyDelete