Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Where has the world gone...

As I sit in the cutest coffee shop in Salt Lake I can't help but wonder where the world has gone. I am in my old stomping ground, back to my old self, yet something is askew. I think it may be called "growing up." What a weird thought. This epiphany has slowly been smacking me across the face for the past couple months, but I am just now beginning to realize that I think I may indeed be maturing. This comes as a great joy to this rascally 24 year old who has developed late in every aspect of life! I blame this new me to my European adventures, and seeing sights that are so beyond imagination yet standing directly in front of you that make one feel uninhibited. What a great adventure life takes you on....

I just finished reading my best friends blog post that had me laughing my head off in a public place and gripping my side aches. It is so wonderful to have such talented friends who always inspire me. Love you Ressica Jeely!

In the midst of all this love and joy talk I am starting to get a bit frustrated, either my phone is not accepting text messages or my friends are ignoring my texts. I am going to go with the first option for the next 24 hours and see what happens, gotta think positive the glass is half full and my phone MUST be broken.

The reason I truly started this blog was to dedicate a play by play take on my baking adventures. I hope to one day open a vegan bakery and I am doing tests and trials in my own tiny Salt Lake City kitchen. I actually began my journey just the other day. I took on an insane recipe for Banana Chocolate Chip Bread. Of course I couldn't be boring and follow the recipe to a T, so instead I substituted normal chocolate chips for mini ones and turned the bread into muffins and cakes. Naturally they were amazing! I would definitely have pictures except for one problem occurred, my camera was broken in a dance rehearsal by a NYC Asian named after a bird. I am not lying. So hopefully this journey of baking will continue, I will get my camera fixed and be able to document every triumph and pitfall for you.

It is past this Grandma's bed time. I am off to hopefully find my bed to be as peaceful as the one below. Goodnight friends.

1 comment:

  1. that post is beautiful! You always inspire me natalie reid! so excited to dance with you again:)

    ReplyDelete