Sunday, November 7, 2010

Curiosity it is...

"Fear of the Unknown..." Definitely something I have been struggling with. Why does life always make us question if what we are doing isn't enough? I wonder if the constant questioning of worth comes from growing up in a country where success if the focal point of society, and the need to always strive farther and for more than what you already have.

Dance is not exempt from this phenomenon. If anything I feel like proving yourself in the dance world goes above and beyond that of "normal" life because of the art aspect. Creativity is not secure and comes with a handful of doubt. Skill is based on an opinion of someone else. Hard life.

I am happy. Love my life. Have a wonderful place to call home. And from now on I am going to try and replace my "fear of the unknown" with a curiosity for what else could be ahead. If we never try... we will never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment