Monday, August 2, 2010

My heaven...

I am not sure what heaven looks like, but I have a feeling it will look something like Priest Lake, Idaho. I am so fortunate to be in my favorite place in the whole world for five days this summer. This is my fifth year driving to the remote lake in Northern Idaho that is home to three resorts, a handful of private cabins, and a lot of open space. The summer of 2010 has provided a new joy for me here in Priest Lake, my mom rented a cabin and is sharing my favorite vacation with me. For the past five years I have stayed with my wonderful friend Ann Frost and her family at the cabin they have been renting since Ann was two, but now I am getting the chance to spend time with my own small, loving family. We rented a cabin that is a stones throw away from the Frosts and enjoyed our first full day on the lake by laying out, learning how to play cribbage, taking the boat up for a lunch at Hills and cooking a wonderful dinner to share. I can't explain the relaxation and overwhelming peace I find in this place. I can only hope that I am lucky enough to spend time in Priest Lake with my friends and family for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment